Snapshots of Sarah

We love having a daughter. She has brought such JOY to our family! I thank my God every time I remember you. Phil. 1:3

Friday, May 11, 2007

Loving Well


Ok. Don't you just love how God totally provides the RIGHT Bible Study at just the RIGHT time? Before I had Sarah, I had went to our local Christian bookstore to find a new Bible Study. I knew I needed something short & sweet that would be manageable with a newborn. I found a study by Beth Moore called Loving Well. The study is intended for a weekend retreat (and includes DVDs), so I was only able to purchase the small 28 day journal. OH MY GOODNESS! Can we say- DIVINE APPT! I love it.


For the last 3 weeks I've been on a journey of learning how to love others. The first week I was totally reminded that I can only love others if I learn to be loved by God. How many times have I heard...God loves you Mary, but did I really accept His love??? I also was reminded that I can only truly love others if I am motivated by God's love. If I don't- it's still selfish & self seeking. So, as a new mom this has been one of the best lessons I could learn as I sit and hold, look at, rock, sing to, talk to, pray for, comfort, and learn to love our daughter. At times I think I was led to believe that it would be so easy to love a new little baby. Change is good, but it sometimes can be difficult. Beth Moore's 4 statements that she shares are:


1. God is perfect love.

2. God poured his perfect love into my imperfect heart.

3. Nothing can separate me from the love of God.

4. Accessed, I can love anyone through anything.


Thank you Lord for this study. Thank you for friends who have constantly been encouraging us as we make the adjustments in parenting. Thank you Lord for a healthy baby!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I love you, Mary Margaret! Thanks for sharing your heart!

May 11, 2007 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Bethany O'Bryant said...

Wow, I am learning tons about loving people and how stinkin bad I am at it. I mean I want to be like Jesus, but I sure don't love like him. That Best Moore study sounds perfect for me too, I think I might go pick it up! Thanks!

May 12, 2007 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger holly said...

Mary Margaret!
It's truely been forever, my friend! I am so glad I have found you! You have a beautiful daughter!I am so excited for you! Are you still in Texas? I would love to hear from you when you have time....but I know it could be a while! Lots of Love!
Holly Morris (Hildebran)

May 24, 2007 at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home